8- KEVIN CAN WAIT / MAN WITH A PLAN
9- 2 BROKE GIRLS / THE ODD COUPLE
10- NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
9- CRIMINAL MINDS
10- CODE BLACK
8- THE BIG BANG THEORY / THE GREAT INDOORS
9- MOM / LIFE IN PIECES
10- PURE GENIUS
9- HAWAII 5-0
10- BLUE BLOODS
8- NCIS LOS ANGELES
9- MADAM SECRETARY
CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS
- The schedule looks pretty solid overall. Mostly for the ancient shows. The syndication farm that is sunday night should be okay, even though the trio doesn’t seem to fit. The return of the monday 2-hour comedy block is an interesting move, even though 2 Broke Girls & The Odd Couple are fragile, and it’s hard to predict what’s gonna happen with family-friendly duo Kevin Can Wait/ Man With A Plan (those are too old school sitcoms in my opinion).
- The Big Bang Theory/ The Great Indoors pairing makes total sense and CBS may have a new hit on its hand, with a good retention expected.
- Keeping Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders in the wings is smart, so it can replace any possible disaster on the schedule. Or it will just come back in the same timeslot when season 2 of Code Black will end (it’s only a 17-episode order at this point).
- From the new entries, only Bull is really protected, sandwiched between NCIS & NCIS: New Orleans. Unless the show really stinks, it should be okay. I’m more worried for NCIS: New Orleans that is not that solid and could lose a lot in the move without the mothership as a lead-in.
- Pure Genius is thrown to the wolves (behind a likely weakened Life In Pieces) and will have to be really good and really well-marketed to become something. It means three medical shows will air back to back on three different networks on thursday nights : Grey’s Anatomy on ABC, Chicago Med on NBC and Pure Genius on CBS. We already know the winner, unless a big surprise…
- MacGyver on fridays? We already knew the pilot was a mess and the whole project not worthy of an order, but CBS see the “dollar potential” in it, for the international market probably. Dumping it on friday almost automatically dooms it. But it might be compatible with Hawaii 5-0…