8- THE RESIDENT
8- THE GIFTED
9- LETHAL WEAPON
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
8- LAST MAN STANDING / THE COOL KIDS
9- HELL’S KITCHEN
8- THE SIMPSONS / BOB’S BURGERS
9- FAMILY GUY / REL
GOTHAM | THE ORVILLE (starting December 30th) | PROVEN INNOCENT | THE PASSAGE
– FOX only ordered two new dramas and both are kept for midseason. The network had great luck in the past at launching new shows during winter so it kinda makes sense. That being said, it may also mean they’re not that happy about them and don’t know what to do with them…
– Why airing 9-1-1 at 9 and not at 8, where it could be used as a launchpad for the fragile The Resident? Plain weird. Maybe because of 9-1-1’s content, a bit too edgy for an earlier slot…
– Why moving Lethal Weapon at 9, facing This Is Us, the year when the show will have to prove it was worth a renewal despite a big change in the cast? Probably to avoid NCIS at 8 that really didn’t help it this past season.
– The sitcom duo on friday makes total sense, Last Man Standing being back in its ABC’s timeslot.
– Rel might be a good fit with the animated comedies on sunday. Smart move.